This mix is not meant to evoke a beach party that is like something out of a Girls Gone Wild video, but more like one of those beach parties where a small group of friends has a fire on the beach - where legal and illegal substances are taken, but the results are more introspective and bonding, rather than a loud, testosterone fueled, spontaneous wet t-shirt contest.
You know, a beach party. Here are the artists featured on this mix:
- Andy Ulseth: Facebook | Twitter | Bandcamp
- Bike Month: Bandcamp
- Django Django: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Spotify
- Dominant Legs: Facebook | Twitter | Spotify
- Evan P. Donohue: Facebook | Twitter | Bandcamp | Spotify
- Hot Chip: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Spotify
- Inspired And The Sleep: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Spotify
- Lord Huron: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Bandcamp | Spotify
- The Beautiful Girls: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Spotify
- The Celebrated Workingman: Facebook | Bandcamp | Soundcloud
And if you are on 8tracks, you can follow the HI54LOFI page right here and listen to even more mix tapes. And you can even listen to those mix tapes on your fancy schmancy phones (with their iPhone app or Android app - I’ve used them both, and they’re both great things to have in your pocket).
P.S. - Mix tapes like this one are just another brick in the ‘Mix Tape Radio wall’. Check out our MIX TAPE RADIO section for more info /details of said metaphorical wall.